Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design, and construction services. With a dedicated staff of over 600 technical and administrative personnel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Century's local area operational support teams coordinate and lead! We are looking for a teammate that is interested in providing high level and proactive support to different service lines!
Century Engineering is currently seeking a motivated and talented Civil Engineering Intern for the winter semester (with opportunity to extend through the spring semester and continue in the summer) in the Transportation Department at our Dover, DE office. As part of a design team, you will be responsible for performing tasks on a variety of transportation projects.
- Develop plan details for transportation projects using MicroStation and engineering design software
- Prepare design calculations in accordance with applicable design standards and agency preferences
- Prepare construction quantity computations and cost estimates for various types of transportation projects
- Coordinate with engineering design staff and other disciplines to meet project objectives
- Full time Civil Engineering student from an ABET-accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering program
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and effectively with supervisors and design team members
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Sound time management and task prioritization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any part of this application process, please contact Cent_HR@kleinfelder.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Disabilities/Veterans