Be part of the winning Leidos team and use your valued experience to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer Located in Fort Gordon in Augusta, Georgia.
- 3D design experience in solid modeling programs such as SolidWorks, Unigraphics or Pro-E is a plus
- Provide professional engineering support for heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) planning for Contractor supported locations and facilities
- Support equipment within the designated strategic (fixed), tactical and mobile facilities or mission equipment shelters and systems inside or outside the secure areas
- Provide testing and balancing services and support for air and water systems
- Review engineering design proposals, design drawings, specifications and other technical document submissions and recommend improvements
- Provide advice and guidance to Government engineers involving all aspects of HVAC facilities design, construction, operation and maintenance or repair
- Review reports and studies to identify deficiencies and participate in the planning of construction/redesign programs
- Utilize appropriate software and hardware tools to track load changes or other parameters of design, construction, operation and maintenance and repair
- Establish energy and heat load budgets with the objective of identifying current deficiencies, anticipating future requirements and estimating factors to be included in construction planning
- Evaluate and recommend methods of load control (including remote and tele-metering techniques) to reduce utility demand and costs
- Prepare design concepts, program development brochures, MILCON programming documents, cost estimates, economic analyses, plans and specifications, and all related construction project documentation for construction projects to be executed through contract or with Government in-house resources
- Inspect construction projects or existing facilities to identify deficiencies, recommend changes, ascertain compliance with plans and specifications or for other designated purposes
- Provide guidance, direction and assistance to technicians working in related disciplines
- Maintain technical liaison and communication between on-site technicians and the COR
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering from an accredited college/university with eight years diversified professional engineering experience
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Application engineering with experience in design, installation, operation and maintenance of automatic control systems
- Supervision of plant operations, maintenance and repair of physical plant systems and equipment including large-scale HVAC plants and distribution systems
- Resident engineering experience on construction projects with large, complex and highly sophisticated HVAC Systems
- Fluent in English, including the ability to read, write and comprehend technical documentation, schematics and diagrams written under the ANSI standards
- Professional registration preferred
- Final Top-Secret Clearance based upon a TIER 5 Background Investigation, and favorable eligibility determination for access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) IAW ICD 704
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.