Job Purpose: This position will be responsible for ensuring that payroll systemtransactions and related adjustments are posted correctly to the ledger andsub-ledger. Qualified candidates will have excellent time management skills,pay close attention to detail and be able to work efficiently in a high-pressuredeadline driven environment.
- Complete fringe calculations, allocations, certifications, and effort reporting
- Run reports and analyze, to determine and correct errors prior to all payroll runs
- Troubleshoot and correct budget errors after payroll processing
- Run payroll encumbrance journals and verify accuracy
- Process all payroll cost distribution changes
- Respond to escalated payroll account inquiries from Institute community
- Ensure accuracy of position and funding data in payroll system
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Three or more years of relevant work experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Advanced level Excel proficiency required. Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure deadline driven environment.
- Provide professional development and learning to the Institute's diverse workforce.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Higher education, PeopleSoft and OneUSG Connect experience preferred.
This position is one ofseveral that will assist Georgia Tech with implementation of the PeopleSoftHuman Capital Management system, OneUSG Connect. The major components of OneUSGConnect - payroll services, talent management, human resources management, timeand attendance, and benefits administration - are unified and integrated into asingle technology solution.
This is a one-yearlimited term benefits eligible position. There are two positions available.
Impact &Influence: This position willinteract on a consistent basis with: Co-workers and other campusPayroll/Finance personnel. This position typically will advise and counsel:Payroll/Finance personnel, direct peers. This position will supervise: N/A.