Northside Hospital is award-winning, state-of-the-art and continually growing. Constantly expanding the quality and reach of our care to our patients and communities creates even more opportunity for the best healthcare professionals in Atlanta and beyond. Discover all the possibilities of a career at Northside today.
The Research Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Research within the Central Research Office (CRO) and oversees the quality, coordination and conduct of all aspects of clinical research administration taking place at Northside Hospital to ensure that research is conducted safely, ethically, and with the highest integrity. The Research Operations Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of the quality and validity of clinical research data and research patient care. The Research Operations Coordinator directly oversees the work of the Clinical Research Nurse (CRN) and the Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) and assists them in all clinical research matters as it relates to carrying out the study. The Research Operations Coordinator also provides training and education to the research department and the institution as needed on the clinical research processes at Northside Hospital (NSH). The Operations Coordinator will also evaluate the clinical feasibility for all new research project submissions to the CRO.
1. Bachelor's degree, and a minimum of five (5) years experience in a clinical research setting.
2. Minimum of two (2) years experience in a management role.
3. Experience conducting research in Oncology and Cardiology is preferred.
4. Certification as a Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) or Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) must be completed within 1 year of hire date.
5. Experience working with Clinical Research Nurses (CRN), Clinical Research Coordinators (CRC), and investigators on items that relate to clinical research.
6. Knowledge of clinical trial management systems and technology solutions used to manage clinical research Knowledge of clinical trial policies and regulations and Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
7. Extensive understanding of human subject protection and Institutional Review Board (IRB) regulation and operation Established interpersonal skills combined with the ability to be highly motivated and work independently Well organized and able to maintain accurate and complete research records
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law. .