Seeking a Care Coordination Manager to serve as the SME for Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) care to clinical staff and care providers at the Defense Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) in Silver Spring, Maryland. The Care Coordination Manager will ensure the patient receives appropriate TBI related services over the course of their rehabilitation. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Strengthen protocols for identifying and tracking the progress of military Service Members with TBI.
- Manage and expand the national network of DVBIC care coordinators.
- Collaborate with DoD , VA, other military and civilian resources to achieve optimal outcomes for the Service Members with TBI and their families as they transition between care settings and systems.
- Coordinate efforts with other federal, state, or local agencies to improve care coordination for military Service Members with TBI.
- Under the guidance of government, perform appropriate liaise functions on behalf of DVBIC with federal agencies and other national partners and stakeholders.
- Assist government in strategic planning regarding care coordination for the Service Member.
- Identify barriers and implement solutions to enhance program development and expansion.
- Organize and speak at national interdisciplinary TBI training programs.
- Perform needs assessments and present budget recommendations for initiatives to enhance program development, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Provide expert recommendations to the government in the development care coordination and other TBI-centered programs within the appropriate directorates of the Defense Center of Excellence for Psychological Health and TBI.
- Masters degree in rehabilitation counseling, social work, or nursing required.
- Must have a current national certification or license to practice independently in your specialty
- CCM, CRC, CBIS or other case management certification preferred. Must maintain Continuing Education credit sufficient to maintain both their clinical license and to meet medical facility specific Quality Assurance standards for credentialing.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in managing brain injury rehabilitation program(s) to include care coordination services
- Experience in the care of patients with TBI (in-patient, out-patient, or rehabilitation services) required.
- Prior experience within the DoD, military, or VA systems of care strongly preferred
- Excellent organization and time management skills required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with varied audiences (patients with TBI, family members, Sr. level health care and case management professionals, military and administrative staff) and through various methods (public speaking/written/electronic/teleconference/video conference)
- Must be able to present educational materials to varied audiences.
- Must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be available to travel locally, regionally and nationally.
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.