Current need for Certified Pharmacy Technicians to work in a mail order facility in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Pharmacy Technician typical duties will entail:
- Read and interpret prescriptions for completeness. Identify missing pertinent information and correspond with providers for clarification.
- Screen providers for eligibility by utilizing the Office of Inspector General website.
- Enter correct drug, strength, dosage form, and quantity into the patient’s medication profile. The prescription entry will be verified by a pharmacist.
- Utilize pharmacy information systems to identify basic therapeutic problems such as duplicate therapy with drugs in the same drug class and alerts the pharmacist to the possible need for clinical intervention.
- Provide telephonic patient education through the telephone liaison program on Meds by Mail topics such as the requesting refill process, medications available through the Meds by Mail program, and relaying judgmental questions to the pharmacist.
- Resolve routine administrative questions and problems, referring difficult problems to a pharmacist.
- Report medication close calls/errors through appropriate channels.
- Maintain training documentation for Meds by Mail functions in TMS.
- Document all correspondence with providers and patients in patient record system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to pharmacy techs, such as but limited to, receiving and screening new and refill prescription requests.
Pharmacy Technician Candidate Requirements:
Must have current certification in good standing by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience as a Certified Pharmacy Technician
Ability to accurately input prescriptions per established productivity levels.
Must be able to work effectively with others, internally and externally, while remaining courteous, tactful, and understanding with others, even in potentially difficult or volatile situations.
Experience with medical records, maintaining confidentiality of medical records and sensitive data per Federal regulations, VA statues and policy, the Privacy Act if 1974 and other applicable laws.
Must be able to read, understand, fluently and articulately speak, and legibly write the English language.
Competent word processing software and typing skills
Must be a US citizen
Must be able to pass a background investigation and drug screen
Our Pharmacy Technicians receive:
- Extremely competitive salary.
- Full benefits package to include:
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision packages
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Set schedule - no nights or weekends!
- Federal holidays off and with pay!
EOE/AA EMP-M/F VET/DIS