The AT&T Network Planning & Engineering Technical Development Program (NP&E NETDP) is a great opportunity for graduates interested in joining a very dynamic organization using cutting-edge tools and technologies.
We are looking for a focused, energetic individual who is looking to start their career in one of the diverse AT&T Network Planning & Engineering fields. This candidate should be an exceptional graduate with a potential to achieve a high level of performance in a short period of time. This program focuses on rotational assignments, professional development, and extensive coaching to help you gain the experience necessary to become a successful member within the NP&E team at AT&T.
The initial assignment for position is essential in the compilation and generation of critical NP&E network performance reports, weekly and monthly metric dashboards, and special studies. Also, provides project management functions towards the design, preparation of requirements, development, programming, testing, and implementation of models in support of network components, capital projects, and new metrics for growth areas of the business.
This position is an entry level, non-trainee engineer working on a variety of routine engineering activities under close guidance and direction from more experienced engineers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Assists more experienced engineers and performs field tests on networks under close direction. Performs engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks
Job Contribution: Technical support role. Organizes/completes structured assignments per predefined priorities. Limited team impact.
- KNOWLEDGE Acquires/demonstrates basic knowledge of principles and methods. Knowledge limited to specific processes/procedures needed to perform assignments within own work area. Basic knowledge of ATT technologies. Limited skill in technical field.
- ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING Focused on data gathering/compilation/verification. Completes routine tasks. Reviews/solves routine problems applying clearly defined standard procedures.
- INDEPENDENCE Highly directed and supervised; work is assigned, scheduled and prioritized by others. Works on detailed assignments. Work assignment is guided by standard procedures; judgment is minimal.
- CONTRIBUTION TO ATT TECHNOLOGY Contributes through quality and efficiency of own work. Supports technical teams maintaining current technologies.
- COMMUNICATION Displays appropriate listening skills to receive training/directions. Exchanges procedural information with immediate colleagues and/or internal customers. Collaborates with others in own area and seeks assistance and feedback as appropriate. Seeks self development opportunities; demonstrates aptitude for growth.
Overall Purpose: Designs, analyzes, plans and modifies network components and architecture in support of the wireless and wireline infrastructure. May provide mid to long term planning for a specific technology which includes analysis, solution recommendations, and implementation strategies to complex business issues. These activities are the basis for capital deployment and allocation decisions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: Develops and evaluates network performance criteria and measurement methods. Prepares the analysis of the short term or long term capacity needs for wireless and wireline infrastructure. May conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Studies and forecasts traffic drivers to determine short and/or long term capacity needs. May include all or some of the following functions: Recommends strategic network architecture planning and network evolution policy decisions in support of corporate initiatives, customer demand, technology changes, economic and service reliability criteria; Evaluates new and emerging technologies for addition and/or application to existing network systems; Conducts economic and population growth studies to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections; Creates deliverables such as mgmt reports, business cases, infrastructure deployment guidelines, 3 Year Plans, Plans of Record, Project Approval Letters, and Serving Plans; Works with key internal stakeholder and vendors to determine future business and customer needs. Job Contribution: Developing technical professional with some experience. Completes moderately complex work within discipline/specialty area. Contributes to development of concepts/methods/techniques. Moderate team impact.
Environmental Requirements: This position may be responsible for contributing to ATT compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V